Avis Car Rental
About the Company
Avis Car Rental and its subsidiaries operate one of the world's best‐known car rental brands with approximately 5,750 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world.
In Asia, Avis is a leading provider of vehicle rental, vehicle leasing and limousine/chauffeur and transfer drive services operating over 400 locations and service points through a network of wholly owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensee agreements in 19 countries and territories. Avis opened its first operations in Asia in 1970 in Hong Kong. Throughout the 1970’s Avis grew steadily in the region, with operations launched in Singapore, the Philippines, Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia.
What services and products do they offer?
Avis Car Rental and Leasing in Singapore provides:
- Avis Short‐term car rental services (up to one month)
- Avis Long‐term car rental services (up to 11 months)
- Avis Ancillary products/services
- Avis Vehicle leasing services
- Avis Limousine and transfer services
- Avis International call centre | outbound services to Individual and Corporate (domestic | inbound | outbound) consumers in Singapore
- Sales lead generation increased by over 30% since campaign launch.
- At least 8-10 hot call-in leads are consistently generated on a daily basis.
- Web bookings (online sales acquisitions) surged by 22%.
- Singaporeans using Avis.com.sg for overseas car rental bookings versus booking direct with Avis Worldwide sites increased by 15%.
The Marketing Challenge
Avis, a leading provider of vehicle rental in Asia, is the world’s second largest car rental company. Its strong brand recognition particularly in the online space resulted from early dabbling in Internet marketing. Avis.com.sg outperforms its competitors but few locals make car rental bookings via Avis Worldwide sites. The main objectives of Avis’ campaign were to:
Generate sales leads
Promote the overseas car rental booking function of Avis.com.sg
Avis aimed to increase web traffic and subsequently, sales acquisitions for various automobile rental/ leasing services via their website which supports online bookings.
Apart from the above traditional goals of SEM, another challenge presented was to stretch beyond the domestic market to target outbound travellers.
Another objective was to brand Avis as an innovator in digital marketing trends.